Halaman

Khamis, 28 Mac 2013

Dr M shocked to learn of plot to kill him


Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has expressed shock that there was a plot to assassinate him when he was prime minister.
However, he is ready to forgive former life PAS party member Zainon Ismail, who confessed recently that he was involved in a plot to assassinate Dr Mahathir in 1988.
Zainon, the author of Kafirkah Aku? and popularly known as CN Afghani, claimed he was influenced by the Amanat Haji Hadi, which branded Umno members and supporters as infidels.
Dr Mahathir said he was shocked to find out that there were people who wanted to kill him.
“I was shocked to hear that somebody had actually wanted to assassinate me when I was prime minister. While I was holding office, I had few security and bodyguards around me and I was free to go anywhere.
Alhamdullilah, he realises his mistake and I am prepared to forgive him,” he said after launching the Human Life Advancement Foundation and World Conference on Global Innovation at Putra World Trade Centre here yesterday.
It was reported that Zainon was involved in a plot to assassinate Dr Mahathir in 1988 but the attempt was thwarted by authorities and he was detained with 30 other supporters.
Zainon had expressed his wish to personally apologise to Dr Mahathir.
Dr Mahathir also said it was not the Malaysian culture to resort to violence if one disagreed with a person’s political views.
“It is not our culture. In Malaysia, we do not kill each other because of differing political views. I was shocked when I read his statement in the media,” he added.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan